Wednesday 30 July 2014

Wedding Banners

   Today I'm going to show you the banners that I was asked to make for an upcoming wedding. These are the first wedding banners that I have been asked to make. I was kinda of worried about making these as this is different than making baby or kids ones as lots of people will see them and they need to be perfect!                                                                                                                                                                              





   My friend wanted Gerber daisies and wheat for the flowers. So I  made the Gerber daisies using the Art Philosophy cricut  cartridge in white, orange and yellow to match the colours in the bouquets Once I cut the flower layers in different sizes, I sprayed each flower lightly with water to help with the shaping of the petals. Be careful not to get the paper to wet as it will tare. I also cut stiff felt into circles on the ciruct to make the centers of the flowers.  To cut the centers I used a deep cutting blade and used  the multi cut function to cut the felt.  I was able to buy stiff felt at Micheal's as regular felt doesn't work.  I also used that cart to cut the leaves in different sizes which I also spray lightly with water to help with shaping.





   I did try to make the wheat with paper but it didn't really work that well. So I used real wheat that I sprayed with a spray varnish to help it from falling apart. 






   I used colonial white cardstock for each panel (front and back)  and I embossed each one with the CTMH Damask folder. Unfortunately you really can't tell in these pictures. I also used my favourite product Foam core board to make each panel. 
    I used  the CTMH Artbooking cart to cut the letters in brown to match the bride maid's dresses. I glue  used hot glue to attach the wheat, flowers ad leaves as I didn't want them to fall off. I used a brown ribbon to attach each panel as the bride's maid dresses are root beer in colour. 







   





   These banners where a lot of work but I'm so very happy that the bride loved them!!! 
Well that;s all for today thanks for stopping by to what I have have been up too! Tomorrow I plan on sharing a birthday card that I was asked to make for a girl's 1st Birthday. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment