Sunday 20 July 2014

Cars and more Cars!

   Well its Monday morning and I had a wonderful weekend at the trailer visiting with a long time friend who I need to see way more often. LOL. Her youngest daughter and grandson are moving and I wanted to make sure Evan got his Cars banner before they left. This is my first banner for an older child and I'm so happy with how this turned out.








   For this banner I decided to use the shape of street signs for the banner. I wanted everything to fit into the Cars theme and this was perfect. I embossed each panel, some to look like tire marks, chevrons and some to look like the pattern that you would see on running boards. Sorry not sure what to call the pattern. I covered both sides of the banner. I kept this somewhat simple as it is for a boy and I wanted the characters to be the focal point of this banner.










   I inked the edges of each panel in dessert ink to give them a distressed and dirty look. As you can tell I used the Cars Cricut cart to cut all the Ligthing McQueen characters. I used red ribbon to tie each piece together.
 This banner was so much fun to make and Evan and his family loved it! Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment