Thursday 31 July 2014

Happy 1st Birthday!

   I was asked to make a card for my cousin's 1st Birthday and she just happens to love trucks and cars. I knew exactly what I wanted to to make as I have had this idea every since I bought the Fast and Furious stamp set. I'm always looking to use my stamps in different ways and using a more boyish stamp for a girl is what I wanted to try.







   
   I used CTMH white cardstock for the base which I cut using the Art Philosophy cart at 4 3/4". I then cut a circle the same size from Dessert Sand cardstock which I cut to look like rolling hills. I used one of the stamps from  Distressed Backgrounds stamp set to stamp the dirt. First I stamped in Desert Sand, than Chocolate and then Coca ink. I inked the edges of the hills with Coca ink for a distressed look. 
   To make the sky I used a scalloped punch to make a strip with scalloped edges like clouds. The picture below is what mine looks like. 



   



   To make the clouds, just keep moving the strip around on the card and ink the edges.  I used Sky, Crystal Twilight ink. Once you have the clouds and dirt hill done you can go ahead and finish the card. I decided to stamp the dump truck stamp 4 times. Once in each - Sky, Outdoor Denim, Gypsy and Cotton Candy ink.   Than I just cut each piece out and glued them to the truck that I stamped in Cotton Candy. I than used the stamp set called Piece of Cake ( retired) for the cake. I water coloured it and placed it in the back of the truck.  I than cut out a stop sign shape and and stamped happy birthday on it which is also from the Piece of Cake set. I glued it to a tooth pick and used 3D foam tape to pop it up. I decided in the end to add some brown buttons at the bottom of the sign as the card was a little off  balance and it just needed something there.  Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture with the buttons.
  Everyone loved this card and thought it was such a neat idea that I think I will make a few more to have on hand. You never know when you might need another one!
   Well that's all for now and if you are interested in buying any of the supplies to make these or any other card you can go and visit my OBA. Thanks for stopping by!!
   



No comments:

Post a Comment